Rachel Sievers Scholarship
Chris & Kim Fowler
Kim & Chris Fowler with Rachel & Chad Sievers
About The Rachel Sievers Scholarship
In 2017, Kim and Chris Fowler gave a generous donation to Arkansas Hands & Voices for the purpose of providing scholarship aid to Arkansas high school graduates who are deaf or hard of hearing (D/HH) and pursuing higher education. The Rachel Sievers Scholarship was created soon after and the first scholarship under this name was awarded in 2019. The Fowler and Sievers families met through their involvement in the Audiology Clinic at Arkansas Children’s Hospital and became quick friends after realizing their shared passion for supporting families of children who are D/HH. Thanks to Kim and Chris Fowler’s generosity, the Rachel Sievers Scholarship awards students who are D/HH for their hard work and academic achievements and provides needed financial assistance to allow them to meet their higher education goals.
Thanks to the generous donation by Kim and Chris Fowler to Arkansas Hands & Voices, the Rachel Sievers Scholarship was established in 2018. This scholarship provides educational financial support to students who are deaf or hard of hearing and pursuing higher education.
Arkansas Hands & Voices is pleased to announce that the amount that was awarded through the Rachel Sievers Scholarship for the 2022 application year was $6740.
Previous award recipients:
2019 – Katelyn Langston
2020 – Abby McClellan
2021 – Hunter Corker
2022 – Shaqke Robinson
- Scholarship will be awarded to a student who is deaf or hard of hearing.
- Scholarship will be awarded to a graduate of an Arkansas high school.
- Scholarship will be awarded to a student who is or will be pursuing a higher education at a two or four year college or university, a trade school or vocational school, or is a graduate student pursuing a secondary degree in a field related to audiology or speech language pathology.
- Scholarship recipient must have at least a 2.75 GPA.
- Preference will be given to individuals who display a need for financial aid.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have demonstrated involvement with Arkansas Hands & Voices.
- Previous recipients cannot apply.
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, February 28th, 2023 at 5 pm Central Time. Awardee will be announced mid-March.